The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention is really starting to demonstrate just how political and anti-science its director Dr. Rochelle Walensky is. While attempting to push vaccine mandates and bring back masks, Dr. Walensky is also refusing to be transparent about the data she uses.
According to her own reports, 5,914 people out of the 161 million vaccinated individuals have still contracted the COVID-19 virus and ended up back in the hospital. Out of the 5,914 people, 1,141 from the vaccinated population still died, which comes out to 0.00071%. Democrats can’t exactly explain why they are trying to push mask mandates again, but they forgot to leave that statistic out of the report.
What’s worse is that they’ve been demonizing and exploiting low percentages for quite some time. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the mortality rate was at 97% but Dems still wanted to focus on the other 3%. What makes this any different?
The CDC went on to revise their recommendations for indoor mask mandates in places where there are “substantial” or “high” levels of coronavirus transmission
Whether you want to take the vaccine or not is a personal choice, but the significance of catching COVID-19 again after being vaccinated and then dying from it… is slim to none. It appears they’ve attempted to focus on the Delta variant, describing it as a variant “so contagious that it acts almost like a different novel virus.” They pointed to risk rates among older age groups, as well as vaccinated individuals.
The CDC states that pushing mass vaccinations is the “top priority” of federal health officials. The CDC also updated their mask guidance and included some of the “scientific information” that influenced them to change their decision. But in moving the goalposts, the CDC has also created a narrative that vaccines don’t work. What’s the point of getting the vaccine if you have to maintain social distancing guidelines and still wear a mask? Vaccine skepticism and hesitancy continue to increase as the Biden Administration strays further away from returning to a maskless, pre-pandemic life.
Kathleen Neuzil, a vaccine expert at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, said the CDC needs to shift towards the goal of preventing disease and medical consequences, instead of worrying about “every virus detected in somebody’s nose.”
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio has even revealed his obsession with the jab, stating that they’ve got to “shake people at this point” to get the vaccine. He said the state tried the kind and compassionate approach with free testing but warned people that the “voluntary phase is over” now.
President Joe Biden has also announced that all federal employees must get vaccinated or undergo regular COVID-19 testing, despite not wearing a mask himself when making statements to the press. He said he would also push for states, school districts, and private companies to impose vaccine requirements.
“Well, I — I’d like to see them continue to move in that direction, and that’s why I point it out. I had asked the Justice Department to determine whether that is — they’re able to do that legally, and they can. Local communities can do that. Local businesses can do that. It’s still a question of whether the federal government can mandate the whole country. I don’t know that yet,” President Biden said.
Even Dr. Walensky told Fox News “Special Report” anchor Bret Baier that she and President Biden are looking into a potential COVID-19 vaccine mandate.
But White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator Jeffery Zients pushed back and emphasized that the administration was not looking at a nationwide mandate. He said it wasn’t an authority they were exploring at the moment and that the president was referring to the Justice Department mandating vaccinations for employers.
The American people have grown confused between Walensky talking about the Delta variant, Biden rambling about vaccine mandates and the rest of the CDC officials trying to clarify everything they’ve said. This just shows that Dems don’t follow the science, they follow the narrative. Especially when it doesn’t make any sense.